Landscape Tours Terms and Conditions
1) DEPOSIT: A deposit of 30% is required to secure a reservation.
2) BALANCE OF PAYMENT: The balance of the fare is due 45 days prior to departure.
3) CANCELLATION FEES:
a) If notice of cancellation is received –
60 days or more prior to departure – 15% of tour fare
45 – 59 days prior to departure – 30% of tour fare
30 – 44 days prior to departure – 50% of tour fare
16 – 29 days prior to departure – 65% of tour fare
8 – 15 days prior to departure – 70% of tour fare
Less than 8 days prior to departure – 95% of tour fare
Passengers may be able to purchase Travel Insurance to cover inter alia cancellation fees. We can offer such Travel Insurance to those qualifying for it.
In respect of any flight costs: Cancellation fees, terms and conditions shall be those of the relevant airline.
b) Failure to pay due amounts on time
Failure to pay amounts by due date may be considered by African Highlights Tours cc
T/A Landscape Tours (hereafter referred to as ‘The Company’) at their discretion as a de facto cancellation, and the cancellation fees in 3(a) will then apply.
4) WAIVER: The Company takes great care in the execution of its own operations, and in the selection of the suppliers of other services incorporated into its tours. However, The Company, its officers, employees and agents, will not be held liable for any loss, damage, delay, death, injury, accident, or inconvenience, howsoever arising.
5) ABORTED TOUR: The Company reserves the right to cancel any departure without notice and for any reason, in which case all monies paid in respect of such departure will be refunded and The Company will bear no further liability to the passenger.
6) TRAVEL DOCUMENTS & HEALTH ASPECTS: Passengers shall be themselves responsible for ensuring
a) that they have the correct travel documents in their possession for the various border crossings in the tour. Should you be travelling with a temporary passport, please notify The Company, as certain countries do not allow entry on a temporary travel document. The Company will not be liable for any individual costs incurred for travelling without the correct travel documents. Please note, ID documents are required when travelling in the Republic of South Africa.
b) that they make their own decisions about their need for any medicines for the tour including malarial prophylactics and Yellow Fever certificates where required.
7) PRICE CHANGES: Increases or decreases in prices of applicable air or train fares, or in the rate of VAT from that included in the quotation at the time of booking shall be for the account of the passenger.
8) VARIATIONS TO ITINERARY: In the event of adverse weather, road conditions, force majeure, safety risk or other unforeseen circumstance occurring, The Company reserves the right to amend the tour in any way that it is forced to, or that at its discretion it deems desirable to benefit or protect the passengers, without liability to the passengers.
9) SMOKING is not permitted in vehicles owned or operated by The Company.
10) TRAFFIC LAWS: Passengers shall while travelling with The Company comply with the traffic laws of the country in which we are travelling, including the requirement that passengers shall wear seat belts where fitted.
11) SAFETY & COMFORT: Passengers agree to comply with all reasonable requests and instructions of The Company’s tour leader/guide and his/her team in regard to safety and the general well- being and comfort of the group as a whole.
With regards to safety aspects, The Company reserves the right to deny continued participation in individual activities, excursions or the tour as a whole to those who do not comply with safety instructions.
12) SEATING ARRANGEMENTS: Seating arrangements will be made by The Company’s tour leader/guide, who, having taking passengers’ preferences into account, will vary the arrangements from time to time by rotation to ensure fairness to all.